Sunday, May 17, 2009

Napa BMX Practice

I went out to Wednesday's practice at the NAPA track on May 13, 2009. There where a lot of riders for that practice. The track is really long and fast and I didn't crash. That was one of my main goals for my first practice on the new NAPA track, not to crash. I was pretty tired once I made it around the track. Since I'm from the old school of BMX I guess that was expected. I was looking at the young guys doing jumps over the expert section and was wondering if I could jump those jumps. The next time I go to NAPA I will take a closer look at the expert section of that track. I really would like to do one of those jumps but I'm not to sure if I will. But watching those kids jump to me it looks so easy but it does look high and a little far.

2 comments:

  1. We are having bmx jams every month at Clayton Bikes in the back of the bike store on Clayton
    Ave with a box jump, spine, 1/4 pipes, wall ride
    and grind rail and the classes are amateur and expert.

    The next jam is September 26th from 5-9PM and Mutt will be on the mic and working the music and signups!

    We had over 100 riders show up last time and some from L.A. and Las Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you know
    we have these jams every last sunday of the
    month from May-October from 5-9PM and the last
    one of the year will be October 24th as the
    tentative date for it and we are always trying
    to make it bigger and better.

    classes: amateur(Begginner and intermediate) and
    expert classes

    comps: street run(which includes the box, spine,
    1/4 pipes and wall ride); bunny hop contests,
    and grind rail contest.

    other things include sticker tosses,bmx video
    premieres and alto more!

    ReplyDelete